Early Learning Connection
To build an effective, coordinated system for preparing, supporting, and recognizing the early childhood care and education workforce in order to provide high quality programs for young children and their families.
All areas of Nebraska are served by Early Learning Connection Regional Partnerships working to support professional development for early childhood caregivers/teachers in inclusive home, center, and school-based programs.
These partnerships work collaboratively to achieve high quality, affordable, accessible training for all those who work with young children and their families.
The Early Learning Connection Partnerships are supported by the NDE offices of Early Childhood, Special Education, the Head Start State Collaboration Office and the Early Childhood Training Center.
The Southeast ELC Grant awards support a full-time, paid coordinator and a full-time, paid assistant coordinator to provide leadership in maintaining and expanding existing partnerships to continue to improve the availability and quality training.
- Assess the professional development needs of the early childhood care and education workforce
- Work collaboratively to respond to local training needs
- Coordinate existing and new training opportunities
- Provide training that promotes inclusive practices and is evidence based
- Increase the use of technology to facilitate collaboration and professional development
- Build knowledge and skills described in Nebraska’s Core Competencies for Early Childhood Professionals
ELC Assistant Coordinator